Pittsburgh, PA: Hipwell Manufacturing Co., nd c. 1910. Original edition. Staplebound Wraps. Pamphlet, 3.5" x 6", pp. 19, illustrated with b/w drawings. Very Good. Item #20535
Hipwell was founded in 1887 as Pittsburgh's first stamping plant, then started making parts for oil lamps and later parts for natural gas-fueled lamps. They moved to their current location on West North Avenue around 1900, which is the address on this catalog and helps to approximate the date of its release. A nice snapshot of their early 20th century line of oil lamps and mantles (the device use to generate bright white light when heated by a flame).