The Painters' Eagle
Volume 7, Number 5
The Eagle-Picher Lead Co.
Small octavo, pp 23. b/w photographs.
A very useful collection of articles about paint pigments, scraped finishes, brush care, putty and marketing techniques. In 1842, the Conkling, brothers started a firm in Cincinnati to manufacture pigments for commercial paints. They called the partnership the E. & S. J. Conkling Company and used the brand name Eagle White Lead. In 1847, the partnership became Conkling Wood & Company. In 1916, the Picher Lead Company of Missouri merged with the Eagle White Lead to form Eagle-Picher Lead. This company still exists and manufactures batteries.
Binding: Staplebound illustrated wraps.
Condition: Very good.
Book Id: 16151